Recently Pinterest has become my best friend. Whenever I find some free time (or even on a crazy busy day) I hop on to Pinterest browsing away the recipes I can make for my picky, not-a-huge-fan-of-food toddler who does not blink an eye before pointing out something sticking out of his sandwich and putting it back in his plate.
I have to get creative in the kitchen while making his meals. No wonder he loves carrot zucchini muffins, spinach muffins, quinoa bread. These muffins, when I saw so many versions of this on Pinterest, I was super excited. This was something I could put together, and I was sure my kiddo won’t mind eating. I just had to make sure that these were good to look at and no soggy veggies could be sneaking out of these healthy muffins. Veggie Has A Dark Side, and did you know that? If you don’t, you should learn it right away.
Well, I made these cheese and veggie muffins for after school dinner. I was thrilled that he not only finished his first two muffins, but asked for another one. He could not finish the third one though, must have been little heavy on his little tummy.
These muffins taste so delicious right out of the oven, or even cold when served in the lunchbox for school or work. I love that these are so quick and easy to make muffins are a great ways for kids to eat their vegetables. Cheese adds to the rich flavor.
These muffins are extremely quick and easy to make. Take your veggies and chop them really fine.
Add the grated cheese to the self raising flour. Add the veggies and corn to the mix.
Pour the whisked egg. Combine well.
Add the milk.
Mix until thoroughly combined.
Pour the mixture into pre oiled muffin tins.
When you make these muffins, you can add any vegetables that you like. We added red peppers, spinach, corn for vegetables.
There! That’s it! See your little ones eating these egg and cheese muffins away and you can feel satisfied that you were able to sneak in the much needed nutrients in their little tummies.
Cheese and Veggie Muffins
- 1 cup Cheese grated
- 1 cup Self Raising Flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Corn Kernels canned
- 1/2 Red Pepper finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Baby Spinach finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Cilantro finely chopped
- To taste Salt
- To taste Black Pepper ground
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Whisk your egg. Sift flour into large bowl. Add cheese and corn; mix well.
- Add rest of the veggies. Combine well.
- Add milk. Stir all the ingredients together. Add whisked egg.
- Mix until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the mixture in greased muffin tins.
- To add to the flavor, you can top each muffin tin mix with a cilantro leaf.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until the muffins turn golden brown.
- Take them out and leave on the wire rack to cool.
- Enjoy them while they are still warm.