Table of Contents
Serve these healthy fish recipes for your family or make barbecue yard party with grilled and bake your fish.
Why you need to consume fish in your diet?
First, if you want to have body and heart good, this is perfect alternative for you. Eating fish at least two portion a week, especially when the fish is cold water species that contain high omega 3 fatty acid, benefit to reduce the heart problem risk in significant. The other research also shows that eating omega 3 in rich fish are able to prevent joint problems, Alzheimer and relieve depression. Even, seafood types such as crabs and scallops are rich in nutrients with lean and healthful nature.
Fish is food with rich protein that important for muscles grow and repairing. Eating right amount from protein can provide the essential amino acid. Amino acid is important for your body since your body always renewing cells and continually building that need this amino acid to do. Our body is unable to produce amino acid. Therefore, we need to get this protein from our diet. We need at least take one portion of oily fish such as trout, salmon, mackerel, and pilchard. The oily fish is good source for omega 3 and fatty acids that good for heart health. Salmon has high content in Vitamin D that our body need to absorb calcium into our bone to makes bone strong and healthy. Vitamin B 12 in Salmon is important for nervous system and metabolic to function properly. Vitamin B12 also needs to make red blood cells. White fish content with minerals that control out metabolism.
How to make Fish Recipe for kids
Fish Recipes for Kids
- 60 gram small cooked prawns
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped tarragon
- 1 tbsp olive oil, take more oil for greasing
- 1 large beaten egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- Plain flour to dust
- 500 gram puff pastry, halved
- 1 kg sea bass, filleted
- Green salad for serve
Ingredients for Salsa verse
- 1 small bunch of basil
- 1 small bunch of mint
- 1 small bunch of parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- 6 cornichons
- 2 tbsp cape
- 5 tbsp anchovy fillet
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Preheat your oven into 225 degree C. Mix prawns, tarragon and olive oil in small mixing bowl to season generously. For egg wash, whisk the egg with milk in other small bowl and set aside.
- Flour the work pan surface lightly and roll out the half of pastry to a rectangular shape about 5 mm thick and 10 cm longer than your fillet fish. Transfer to oiled baking tin.
- Place one fillet skin side down into pastry. Leave little more space at the end for shaping the tail fish. Spoon the prawn and tarragon mixture over the fish and place other fish fillet to the top. Brush the pastry edges using egg wash.
- Roll out the remaining puff pastry into same size and use the pastry to cover the fish. Press the pastry edges to seal them carefully. Use small and sharp knife, trim the excess and create fish shape. After that, use teaspoon to score the half moon shapes in pastry to make fish scales style carefully to prevent pierce pastry.
- Roll out the remaining off cut pastry into 1 cm thick. Cut out the few strips in the edge to shape the fish fins and tears off a small piece and roll into fish eyeball. Build the fish shape and brush with remaining egg wash and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature into 220 degree C and cook for more 20 minutes until the pastry get gold color and fish is well cooked.
- Prepare the salsa verde by roughly chop the entire herb leaves into large chopping board. Add garlic, capers, anchovies and cornichons. Continue chop all ingredients until it get fine and mix. Transfer into mixing bowl and stir in olive oil and vinegar and season it well.
- For finals serve, transfer into platter and serve with salad and salsa verde.The other fish recipe that great for your kid fish eating is codtastic burgers. This is best for kid that loves to go fast food restaurant. When you serve this homemade burger, you can get healthy food that leaves the bad fast food myth with bad fatty content.
Leave a Reply