Fish are confusing. There are wide options for your fish dishes, but how you can choose which fish that best for your weight loss diet? Should it will be redfish or whitefish, fluke or flounder, and many more for weight loss? As long as you choose the right kind of fish type you are able to achieve weight loss goals.
- Halibut fish, this fish content with low calories and high protein. The high content of amino acid make this fish able to control your metabolism.
- Oyster back set you with 43 calories. This fish provide you with 21% recommended daily consume for iron. Oyster also becomes of source for zinc, mineral that regulate appetite.
- Wild salmon is relatively high calories and fatty content. But do not make it fool you because this is the oily fish that suggest best for weight loss. Research from International Jurnal of Obesity find that eat 3-5 ounce serving from salmon fish per week is more effectively rather than low calorie diet that not include fish in their menu. Choose wild salmon that leaner than farmed salmon. This also proven significantly reduces the risk of cancer.
- Scallop is fish that great for your waistline and for your cholesterol. Eve, there are many restaurants that serve this scallops with creamy sauces that not great for weight loss, you can turn your obesity with low calories mollusk in scallops. Study from American Journal Food states that animals that fees with scallops show greater reduction in body fat and weight. Group that has fed with scallop show it has lower blood cholesterol and diet reduce obesity level rather than group with no fish intake for 4 weeks experiment.
- Tuna canned light. Tuna considered as low mercury fish and it contain with DHA that more effectively 40-70% in down regulating fat genes in abdomen that prevent belly fat cells expand the size.
- Cod fish stick you with low calories. Eat five servings from cod fish per week as your low calorie diet part for 8 weeks result and extra 3.8 pound weight loss compared with group that have same diet with no fish included. Cod content with satiating and slimming agents that come from high protein and amino acid that help to regulate body metabolism.
Combine your fish with vegetables that will complete your dietary vegetable and fiber requirement. here are recipes for weight loss that you can try at home. The recipe is Mediterranean fish roasted with vegetables.
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp anchovy paste
- 2 small fennel bulbs, trim, core and slice thinly
- 1 large sliced onion
- 6 small all purpose potatoes
- 114 ounce can plum tomatoes
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ fresh ground peppers
- 3 tbsp fine dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp fennel seeds
- 1 teaspon fresh grated lemon zest
- 1 ½ pound striped bass, cod or halibut fish. Skinned and make into 6 portions.
preheat your oven into 450 degree F
mince 2 garlic cloves and set in small mixing bowl. Whisk 1 ½ tbsp oil and anchovy paste. Combine onion and fennel in baking dish, add the garlic mixture and toss it to coat.
Roast the fennel mixture, uncover and stir occasionally until it softened for 20 or 25 minutes.
add potatoes, tomatoes and juice with water, ¾ tsp salt and pepper. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake until potatoes get tender for approximately 35- 45 minutes.
in other side, mince the remaining garlic cloves and place in small bowl. Add breadcrumbs, fennel seeds, the remaining ½ tbsp oil, lemon zest, ¼ tsp salt, and season with pepper. Mix using finger until it mixture well.
If potatoes get tender, place fish in top of vegetables and spread the breadcrumbs mixture in the topping. Roast and uncover until fish get opaque in center and breadcrumb get brown, about 10 to 15 minutes.
This dishes offer 349 calories, with 8 gram fat, 49 mg cholesterol, 43 gram carbohydrate, 28 gram protein, 7 gram fiber. The nutrition bonus from vegetables such as Vitamin C, potassium, folate and magnesium are able to obtain from the fish recipes.