This pineapple chicken recipe I acquired from the recipe section of a newspaper many moons ago. It’s one of the few recipes that I have obtained and haven’t changed the ingredients. I really like the taste of this recipe just the way it is.
I have included another recipe, which I call Hawaiian chicken. For a while I was on a sweet and sour craze I was putting this sauce on everything. Either of these sauces goes great with rice or oriental noodles.
all my favorite recipes: click here.
PINEAPPLE CHICKEN RECIPE
- 4 medium size skinless chicken breasts, or whatever chicken parts you prefer
- 2 tbl butter
- 1/4 cup green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 8 oz can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup of Honey
- 1/4 cup light rum or sherry (optional)
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Wash chicken and dry well with a paper towel. Spray a shallow baking dish with non stick cooking spray. Place the chicken pieces in the baking dish.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Stir in the green pepper, pineapple, mustard, honey and rum. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Spoon mixture over chicken and sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 400 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers 170 degrees and juices of chicken run clear.
- Serve with some fluffy brown rice and a refreshing cucumber salad.