Here it is….that book club. Sneaking up on us again. I made these delicious little bites, along with the Apple Pie Cups, to redeem myself for showing up for book club on the wrong night. Luckily, these were a hit!
These delectable goodies have some goat cheese mixed with lemon zest baked in a puff pastry cup. Despite the puff pastry, the lemon zest really makes this bite light and airy. The blackberry is the perfect addition for a fresh bite, but you can use any type of berry for the top. They would be perfect for an outdoor summer party. You can serve them as an appetizer or as a dessert.
Your guests will want to gobble these right up!
Lemon Blackberry Goat Cheese Tartlets Recipe
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 4 oz goat cheese
- zest of 1 lemon
- 24 blackberries (or any other type of berry)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Defrost puff pastry until pliable. Don’t let it get too soft or it will be a nightmare to work with.
- While the puff pastry is defrosting, mix the goat cheese and lemon zest.
- With a small round cookie cutter or glass, cut circles that are a little larger than a mini muffin cup.
- Place the puff pastry circle in the mini muffin tin.
- Fill each puff pastry crust with a spoonful of goat cheese mixture.
- Bake unit puff pastry is golden brown, about 10 minutes (keep an eye on it).
- Remove tartlets from oven and immediately place a blackberry on top of each tartlet.
- Allow to cool. Serve at room temperature.