Table of Contents
What is Maple Syrup Recipe ?
The Mister and I really like our pancakes. Our waffles too. For a long time we purchased syrup. We started out with maple flavored syrup, then switched to buying real maple syrup. While we enjoy the taste of real maple syrup, it just isn’t economical for us to continue buying it. Especially now that I like to use Keto maple syrup in recipe, and not just as a topping. So, I decided to begin making Keto Maple Syrup .
Yummy Maple Syrup Recipe
It took a lot of experimenting to get it right. In the beginning, I ended up with a thin consistency. I prefer a thicker syrup, like those name brand syrups I grew up with. I decided to use two extracts instead of one. I used molasses and white granulated sugar for better flavor. I also changed how I cook my syrup. Now, I have a pancake syrup that is thick, and full of maple flavor.
How to make Keto Maple Syrup Recipe ?
Keto Maple Syrup Recipe
- 2 cups granulated white sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons imitation maple flavoring
- In a 2 quart saucepan, combine the white granulated sugar, molasses, and water.
- Bring the mixture to a rapid boil – a boil that is not interrupted by stirring – over medium heat. Once rapid boiling begins, you can stop stirring. Do not reduce the heat. Continue boiling on medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, and allow the syrup to rest for 10 minutes. Stir in the vanilla extract and maple flavoring. Allow the syrup to cool completely before pouring it into an airtight container.