Mexican Chicken Stew Recipe
How to make Mexican Chicken Stew Recipe ?
Servings: 6 servings
- 3 cups Cooked chicken, shredded
- 3-4 cups Chicken stock
- 1 can/ 28 ounces Chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup White rice, cooked
- 1 Medium onion, roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 4 Large garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 Jalapenos, seeded and sliced
- 1 tbsp Dried oregano
- 1 tsp Dried cumin
- Worcestershire sauce- a few dashes
- 1 Lime
- Sour cream- to garnish
- Fresh cilantro leaves- to garnish
- Salt to taste
- Place a saucepan in medium flame and heat oil in it. Sauté the onions in it for 1 to 2minutes. Add jalapenos and garlic to this and let it sweat till it becomes translucent. Afterthis add the spices and cook for around 2 minutes till it starts emitting its fragrance. Addthe tock, Worcestershire sauce, chicken and tomatoes to this and simmer it and cook foranother twenty minutes.
- Extract the juice of the lime into another pot. To this, add the juiced halves also
- Add the cooked rice to the saucepan and cook for another 5 minutes so that the ricebecomes hot as well. Add salt to taste and serve with sour cream and cilantro leaves asgarnish.