Mini churro Muffin Is it delicious? I expect you to ask this question. I’m sure someone who hasn’t tried churro muffin before would love this recipe.
Churros. They’re my favorite. In fact, I would go to Disneyland just to get one of their churros (these churros are pretty much the Platonic ideal of what a churro should be). Forget the rides, the parades, the giant pickles, the Dole whips–I’m just there for the churros!
However, since we don’t have a season pass to the Land of Perfect Churros, I make these adorable mini Churro Muffins whenever the craving hits
Table of Contents
They are a pretty great substitute for the real thing. Plus, since they’re baked I can pretend that they’re, like, healthy. Which of course, they are not. But dang, are they delicious!
Okay, so this isn’t your traditional baked churro muffin, as it includes club soda, but all that lovely carbonation makes these little treats crisp on the outside and airy on the inside. And that’s a downright winning combination.
Side note: Warren knows of my deep devotion to the churro and once used his Fry Daddy skills to whip me up a homemade batch when I was having a bad day. He’s a good one, that Warren.
I bet these guys would taste great dunked in chocolate and popped on a stick. Churros on a stick! As I learned at the Iowa State Fair, all food–be it pork chops, fried cheese, or watermelon–tastes better on a stick.
These churro muffins would obviously fall in that camp, but I only have so much discipline and it’s all I can do to keep myself from scarfing down the entire batch fresh from the oven, let alone waiting for the chocolate to set and putting them on sticks!
Hot Chocolate And Churro Muffins
So the best way to eat these little sugary nuggets is with a mug of hot chocolate. Which you can make while this bake so you don’t have to wait a single second before dunking them.
I can’t wait to share this fabulously thick hot chocolate recipe with you tomorrow! They will make your Churro Muffin experience all the more perfect.
Mini Churro Muffins Recipe
- ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅓ teaspoon table salt
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons club soda
- ⅓ white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 475 and grease a 24-cup mini muffin pan. Combine flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Use a fork to whisk oil and egg together in a separate bowl. Add the egg mixture and club soda to the dry ingredients. Use a fork to whisk everything together very quickly. The batter will be a little lumpy but don't worry–just don't over mix!
- Use a rubber spatula to put batter in a large ziplock bag. Seal the bag and snip a corner off. Fill each muffin cup almost all the way (you will exactly 24 mini muffins). Alternatively, you can just pour the batter directly from the bowl. Bake for 15 minutes until muffins are crisp on the outside.
- As the muffins bake, mix sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl. Take the muffins out of the oven and cool for 1 minute. Turn out into the cinnamon sugar and toss to coat. Serve immediately with a cup of extra thick hot chocolate for dunking!