Hi There Ma Friends! How’s your week going so far? I had a very productive last few days. I did so much cleaning in my basement that I was ready to drop dead. But looking back at how much clutter I was able to clear, I couldn’t help but pat myself on the back. Of course, hubs get leetle bit of credit too, but it was all my idea 🙂
I’m going to reveal the new look of my basement in a few weeks, when I set it up with my favorite art pieces and furniture. Let’s just wait until then and keep the suspense going. Besides cleaning and organizing, I managed to print out my weekly meal planner, and write down the menu for the entire week.
Believe it or not, it’s no easy task to think about the week’s meal plan. I was stuck like million times thinking about what to cook on what day. My main purpose was to write down SV’s meal plan, because he loves variety in his food. If I make something that he gobbled up in one bite, and I make it the next day, he won’t touch it. I love that he likes variety in his food, and I can make him try so many different things, but the issue arises with the limited time we have in the evenings. That’s when you need to think quick and come up with a brilliant and novel meal idea 🙂
This is why I love my meal planner so much. With all the hard work that I did Sunday afternoon, I think I am all set for the week. In the middle of all this work, I also managed to make these no bake nutella marshmallow bars that do not take as much hard work as all these other things did. That’s why while I was working away with other decor and meal planning stuff, I whipped together these ooey gooey delicious nutella bars.
I am sure you already know my (and my kiddo’s) love for Nutella. Although we don’t crave it all the time, but when we do, I like it to be a part of some kind of snack. These Nutella Marshmallow bars require only few ingredients like dark chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, nutella, marshmallows, rice crispies and dried strawberries. Rice Crispies and strawberries are optional and you can do without them. I like to add rice crispies to add crunchiness, and dried strawberries to get that sweet and sour flavor. You can even add dried blueberries. Dark Chocolate chips mixed with Milk Chocolate Chips and Nutellagives you just right chocolatey flavor.
Once you have microwaved, mixed the chocolate and nutella and make the base of these bars on your baking tray you just need to refrigerate. You can even forget about them and take them out whenever you please.
Nutella Marshmallow Bars
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup nutella
- 1 cup Mini Marshmallows
- 1/2 cup Rice Crispies
- 1/4 cup Dried Strawberries optiona
- Place dark chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips and nutella in microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave until the chocolate and nutella is melted, while stirring every 30 seconds. Set aside.
- Line a baking tray with baking sheet. Take 1/2 cup of mini marshmallows, spread on the baking sheet to make the base for the bars.
- To the melted chocolate and nutella, empty 1/2 cup of marshmallows, rice crispies and dried strawberries. Stir until mixed well.
- Pour this mixture on top of marshmallows spread on the baking sheet. Spread evenly with plastic spatula.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour or until it is completely set. Take it out and cut in to pieces.
Leave a Reply