Table of Contents
Oven Roasted Vegetables Recipe is yummy. I had never – at least that I recall – eaten beets before in my life. Ever. That is, until I met the Mister and began sharing dinners with the his family. I must confess I didn’t like them. At all.
Oven Roasted Beets
I tried for years to like beets, I just never seemed to change my mind. Perhaps it was a fact that they came from a can, and I’m not saying that’s a bad thing. I will say that I have a texture sensativity thing which is an issue for me and some foods that come out of a can just don’t taste right to me. Having all of the butter, sea salt and pepper in the world won’t change my mind. That is not to say that I think canned foods are the enemy. I’m not saying that. The majority of meals we prepare feature fresh, whole food ingredients. Still, I do buy some canned foods, however the stock of them in my cupboards are a few select items that I use to assist me in the making of meals. Most of them end up being pureed before being added and transformed into something else. Again, it’s a texture issue. That, and the fact that as a matter of personal choice, the Mister and I have eliminated certain food ingredients from our food lifestyle on our journey to healthier lives.
Recently, I decided to try beets. Again. The Mister, being the fantastic food prep helper that he is, prepared a medley of beets, onions, parsnips and potatoes. We dressed them with olive oil, seasoned them with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper.
We roasted them.
I love, love, love beets now. This Recipe can be doubled or tripled as desired.
How to make oven roasted vegetables ?
Oven Roasted Vegetables Recipe
- 1 bundle baby beets
- 1 small onion
- 1 large parsnip
- 2 medium potatoes
- olive oil, or preferred oil of choice for dressing
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Wash and pat dry the beets, onion, parsnip and potatoes.
- Cut the onion into slices.
- Chop the beets, parsnip and potatoes into bite-size chunks.
- In a medium sized bowl, dress the vegetables with olive oil, and season with sea salt and pepper. Toss well.
- Grease a baking sheet and arrange the vegetables in a single layer.
- Roast the vegetables at 400ºF for 30-40 minutes. The vegetables are done when they are fork tender.
Leave a Reply