Want a dessert that takes about 20 minutes to make and will wow your guests? Then look no further, your dessert is right here. Plus, it involves puff pastry. I could probably eat an entire package of puff pastry on my own.
This stunning dessert has a few simple flavors that work well together to form a mildly sweet dessert. Serve with a tall glass of milk and your guests will thank you.
Peanut Butter Apple Tart Recipe
- 1 package puff pastry, defrosted to room temperature
- 4 apples, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup agave nectar, divided
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut each sheet of puff pastry on the folds to create a total of 6 long rectangles.
- Heat peanut butter in microwave until melted, about 1 minute. Stir in 1 tablespoon agave nectar.
- Spread the peanut butter mixture on the puff pastry leaving a small edge around the outside.
- Lay apples on top of peanut butter mixture. Arrange in fan-like way to really wow your guests.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the remaining agave nectar over the apples.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the puff pastry is golden brown.
- Allow puff pastry to cool slightly and then dust with powdered sugar.
- Cut into 2 inch slices.