3 things about this week’s posts.
1. They were both made for book club (in separate months).
2. They have almost the exact same ingredients.
3. I still love everything about them both.
I love baking sweet stuff. Its fun and I like to get creative and make things my own. I also love eating baked goods, but we all know that can’t happen all the time. So I make sweets for school or book club and leave all the left overs with the hostess so I am not tempted to eat any more. Perfect plan.
Plus it is really fun to stack your bars and take pictures of them.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Pretzel Bars Recipe
How to make Peanut Butter Chocolate Pretzel Bars Recipe ?Yum
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- One 12-ounce bag chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 1/2 cups mini pretzels, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.Add eggs in one at a time, until light and fluffy.Mix in vanilla.
- Gradually add dry ingredients.Stir in chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and pretzels by hand.Place batter in a 13 in x 9 in pan lined with parchment paper. Spread evenly in pan.Bake for 30-45 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and the center is set. The bars will still be a little gooey.Allow to cool completely on a wire rack before cutting.
Leave a Reply