3 things about this week’s posts.
1. They were both made for book club (in separate months).
2. They have almost the exact same ingredients.
3. I still love everything about them both.
I love baking sweet stuff. Its fun and I like to get creative and make things my own. I also love eating baked goods, but we all know that can’t happen all the time. So I make sweets for school or book club and leave all the left overs with the hostess so I am not tempted to eat any more. Perfect plan.
Plus it is really fun to stack your bars and take pictures of them.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Pretzel Bars Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- One 12-ounce bag chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 1/2 cups mini pretzels, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.Add eggs in one at a time, until light and fluffy.Mix in vanilla.
- Gradually add dry ingredients.Stir in chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and pretzels by hand.Place batter in a 13 in x 9 in pan lined with parchment paper. Spread evenly in pan.Bake for 30-45 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and the center is set. The bars will still be a little gooey.Allow to cool completely on a wire rack before cutting.