How to make Pork Chops And Gravy Recipe ?this Pork Chop and gravy recipe is very tasty and easy to prepare. you will definitely need to try. I can say the most delicious recipe for those who like pork.
Pork Chops And Gravy Recipe
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 4 boneless loin pork chops
- 2 tbls canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 8 ozs fresh mushrooms, washed and stems removed
- 1 10 oz can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup beef or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup of water
- 5 small red potatoes, skins left on, washed and quartered
- 1 tbl chopped green onions
- Place potatoes in a microwave safe bowl. Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap. If you are using press and seal plastic wrap, be sure to poke a few holes in the top for ventilation. Microwave on high for 4 to 5 minutes (precooking the potatoes assures they will be done when the pork chops are cooked). Be careful. When you remove the potatoes from the microwave, use oven mitts. The steam that comes off the food can burn your hands. The potatoes may stick together. Separate them as best you can. They tend to come apart while cooking in the oven.
- On a piece of waxed paper, mix flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Dredge pork chops in the mixture.
- In an oven proof skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat. Brown the pork chops in the oil, about 3 or 4 minutes per each side. Remove chops from the skillet and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place potatoes in small roasting pan, drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Add mushrooms to pan and saute for about 5 or six minutes. Add the garlic and saute another 2 minutes. Return the pork chops to the pan. Add the cream of mushroom soup, beef broth and water. Simmer covered for 10 minutes.
- When chops have simmered for 10 minutes, replace pan lid with foil and cover tightly. Place both pans, potatoes uncovered, in the oven at 375°. Bake pork chops and potatoes for 25 minutes. Serve garnished with chopped green onions.