Stuffed Bell Peppers bring back memories from childhood. My mom used to make them on special occasions. Even though she could vary the recipes with any stuffing that she liked, but I always insisted on boiled spiced potatoes.
Even if she made a batch of different stuffing for everyone else, she would keep a bell pepper or two aside for me to fill them up with boiled potato stuffing.
My taste in potatoes has still not changed. I love potatoes. Boiled, fried or mashed, bring it on. This is one of my specialties at work. It’s one of those popular dishes that is asked to be brought to the next event.
Once you try making these at home, these might just become your favorite dish as well. And who can resist these baked bell peppers come out of the oven, with the beautiful colorful presentation, stuffed with the flavorful mashed and spiced potatoes.
You can prepare potato mix the night before you plan to serve them. This will serve you significant amount of time the day you plan on serving them.
These baked bell peppers are perfect treat for a hot summer day. With local stores and farmer’s markets stocked with fresh green vegetables it is easy to gather the ingredients for this meal.
We don’t eat meat in our family so I used stuffed potatoes. You can use any ingredients instead of potatoes to make the dish to your own taste. Seasonings, stuffing and ingredients can be changed as per your requirements.
Here is the potato stuffed green bell peppers recipe.
Potato Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe
- 6 Bell Peppers medium
- 2 Potatoes large, boiled and peeled
- 1/2 cup Mozzerella Cheese shredded
- 1 Garlic Cloves minced or 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- A pinch of Black Pepper ground
- 1/2 Onions chopped
- Wash and cut a thin slice from the stem end of each bell pepper, until they are hollow by removing the seeds.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash potatoes with a potato masher, add salt, black pepper, garlic cloves, onions and mozzarella cheese.
- Stuff the peppers with the potato mixture.
- Stand them on an aluminum sheet and pop in the oven for 20 mins or until bell peppers are tender.
- Serve them as side dish or main dish
Leave a Reply