hese quick and easy pressure cooker pork chops are tasty and cook in less than half the time of baking or frying. Yet, they have all the flavor of a slow cooked savory dish.
I started using a pressure cooker back when they were a little dangerous. But they have come a long way since then.
They weren’t all that popular back when I got interested in them. But here is what peaked my interest. My husband and I used to go to this little local small cafe. They had the best and tenderest fried chicken I had every tasted. Fried chicken is not even one of my favorite foods. But my husband is crazy for it. So, of course I have had some experience in dealing with fried chicken and making it crispy on the outside and yet tender on the inside.
Like I always do, I got friendly with the proprietors of the establishment. I finally asked them what made their chicken so different from everyone elses. The lady whispered in my ear, “we pressure cook our chicken.” Well, to be honest with you, I learned her secret, but not how it was done. So, I just had to buy a pressure cooker and figure it out for myself. That’s what I did. Although, I don’t use the cooker for fried chicken any more, I use it for just about everything else and I love it.
Maybe you will find a pressure cooker works for your life style too.
PRESSURE COOKER PORK CHOPS
- 1 19 oz can of pineapple chunks with juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 tbls of soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tbl canola oil
- 4 center cut pork loin chops, about 3/4 inch thick
- 1 large red onion, sliced into rings
- 1 tbl cornstarch
- In a bowl, stir to combine pineapples with juice, vinegar, mustard, soy sauce and ginger. Set aside.
- Set your pressure cooker to brown (according to your manufacturer’s instruction booklet). Heat the 1 tablespoon of oil. Add pork chops and brown on both side. Remove chops from cooker and set aside.
- Add onions to the pressure cooker and saute for about 2 minutes. Place pork chops back in the cooker. Pour sweet and sour sauce over chops.
- Secure your pressure cooker and cook on high for 10 minutes (according to your manufacturer’s instructions).
- When your pressure cooker is done cooking, carefully release steam and remove lid according to instruction booklet for your pressure cooker.
- Transfer chops to serving platter.
- Set your pressure cooker to brown and add and dissolve cornstarch to remaining liquid in cooker. Cook, stirring frequently until sauce thickens, about 1 to 2 minutes. Pour sauce over chops and garnish with chopped parsley or cilantro. These pressure cooker pork chops are super served over rice.