This country style ribs recipe turns out some succulent and delectable pork. Cooked in half the time or less in your pressure cooker. Yes, that’s right, I said “half the time”.
Country style ribs are the less popular cousin of the baby back spare ribs. At least that is the way I always felt about them. When my Mom made them on the barbecue or in the oven, they were always tough. They had to be cooked to death lest you would have to wrestle them around the plate to even cut into them.
Of course that was before I discovered the pressure cooker. Which is a real pal to a plate full of country style ribs. This style of ribs, because they are meatier, can be even more satisfying when cooked under pressure for a short time. They come out fall apart tender, yet still juicy.
click here for more meat recipes and ground beef.
Table of Contents
Pressure Cooker Ribs Recipe
- 1 lb country style bone-in pork ribs (about 5 to 7 ribs)
- 1 tbs canola oil
Seasoning for Ribs:
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/2 onion, cut in large chunks
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbs honey
- Heat oil in pressure cooker under “brown”. Mix seasonings together and rub liberally on ribs. Place a few ribs at a time in oil and brown on all sides. Once browned, remove from cooker and set aside until all ribs are browned.
- Once all ribs are browned, place back into the pressure cooker. Combine cooking liquid ingredients and pour over meat. Secure pressure cooker safely according to instructions for your cooker. Pressure cook on high for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat broiler. When pressure cooking is done, let steam out according to your cooker instructions and safely remove lid.Remove ribs from cooker and place on a grill wrack over a baking sheet. Remove a 1/2 cup of sauce from the cooker to baste ribs as they broil.Brown ribs under broiler for about 3 to 5 minutes per side. Brushing often with the sauce.
- Turn cooker to medium and simmer sauce for about 5 minutes to thicken. When ribs are brown and crusty remove to a plate over a bed of steamed rice. Top with the sauce and dig in! Add a side dish of sliced cucumbers and sliced red onions with a vinegarette dressing.