Prime Rib with Garlic Blue Cheese Sauce Recipe
how to make Prime Rib with Garlic Blue Cheese Sauce Recipe ?Yum
- 1 - 6 pound bone in prime rib roast
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 6 large garlic cloves, crushed, or
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- *Blue cheese Sauce;*
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1 large garlic clove
- 6 ounces blue cheese, crumbs
- fresh ground pepper
- Let rib roast stand at room temperature about 45 minutes. Place oven rack on lower level. Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a food processor, finely mince garlic, rosemary, basil, salt and pepper Add mustard and olive oil. processing to form a paste. Smear the paste over the top and sides of the rib roast.
- Place rib roast, bone side down in a shallow roasting pan, do not cover. Add a small amount of water to pan. Insert a meat thermometer, not touching any bone.
- Cook the rib roast at 450°F rib roast for 15 minutes. DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DOOR! Reduce the oven temperature to 325°F for about 1 hour and 50 minutes, or a thermometer inserted in the thick end of roast - not touching a bone, reaches 110°F, or desired until the internal temperature reaches desired doneness.
- Transfer prime rib roast to a cutting board and remove the rib roast from the bones. Loosely cover the rib roast with a foil and let it rest for 15 to 20 minutes.
- *Meanwhile prepare the blue cheese sauce. Place cream and garlic in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium -high heat, then lower heat and simmer until the cream coast the back of a spoon, about 6 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in blue cheese. Season to taste with freshly ground pepper.
- Carve the prime rib roast into slices, Serve with the blue cheese sauce.
Leave a Reply