At our Fall Fest party, I made two items with bourbon, ONLY TWO! And everyone kept mocking my love, and the apparent abundance, of bourbon. Monday brought you the cupcakes and next week you’ll see the other bourbon-infused item. There was about 10 dishes on the table and only two had bourbon, I don’t understand the problem. Bourbon is magnificent. However, this pumpkin dip is free and clear of bourbon and still magnificent.
This pumpkin dip is not free and clear of adorableness! Seriously, pumpkin in a pumpkin; a mini pumpkin at that. Hard to beat in the cute department. I will say this little pumpkin was a pain in the butt to clean out. It was hard as a rock and required multiple knives with multiple entry points. Once the top was off, it was easy to scrap out the inside and even the top with a peeler. The ten minutes of work to clean out the pumpkin was worth it, just look at the pictures!
Completely unrelated to pumpkin, I looked at a new apartment this week and it is exactly what I hoped/dreamed/prayed for! There is a cute little kitchen that is smaller than I used to, but is completely usable and within my budget. It’s a true 1-bedroom with a large closet and windows in all the rooms. If you’re not a New Yorker windows and closest are probably presumed parts of an apartment, but trust me, they are not always there. Plus, I’m a few blocks from the beach. Double plus, the landlord says the apartment is mine! The move is now a reality…
You know what else is a reality? Today is the deadline to enter the giveaway for a sweet prize pack. Click on this link, scroll to the bottom, comment, and wait & hope your name is chosen. Done. Entered. Do it. Also, look at the delicious, salty caramel corn.
Also delicious, the pumpkin dip, obviously. Canned pumpkin is creamed together with cream cheese, sugar, and pumpkin pie spice to make this incredibly easy dip. You can use graham crackers, apple slices, or a spoon to enjoy with zero judgement. Pumpkin dip seriously tastes like pumpkin pie and I think you should make it happen, especially with reduced fat cream cheese, because than it’s almost healthy!
Pumpkin Dip Recipe
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/3 fat room temperature
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/8 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 3 large apples
- 1 sleve graham crackers small pumpkin for serving, optional but totally adorable
- Make sure the cream cheese is very soft. Beat together the cream cheese and pumpkin until smooth in the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment.
- Beat in the brown sugar, maple syrup, and spices. Taste and adjust the spices as necessary to your taste. Feel free to use pumpkin pie spice in place of the five individual spices.
- Allow the dip to refrigerate overnight so all the flavors can marry.
- Serve with sliced apples, graham crackers, or whatever your heart desires. If your heart wants to fancy, hollow out a little pumpkin and serve the dip in that!
Leave a Reply