I love Fall season, believe me, I do. But waking up early in the mornings, especially on a weekend, you are asking for a bit too much. Who wants to ditch the cozy comforter on a chilly morning when you can hit the snooze button as many times as you want.
But as soon as I look out the window early in the morning, and peek at the orange red rising ball, from the horizon, I want to start the day early and just right. With my cup of coffee, I try to soak in the beauty of early fall morning, that is otherwise not possible for the rest of the noisy and busy day.
I love Fall mainly because of the beautiful colorful mornings I can enjoy, and it also brings along the pumpkin season. Every year, we look forward to going to the pumpkin patch to pick our favorite pumpkins and do all the things pumpkin at home. My mind is going crazy and already overwhelmed with all the recipes I am planning to make with this versatile fruit (or veggie!).
Oh well, for now let’s enjoy these light, fluffy and super moist pumpkin pancakes that are perfect breakfast for a cozy fall morning. Imagine serving these for breakfast for your Thanksgiving holidays. These sure are going to make your kids giggly and adults satisfied.
These pumpkin flavored pancakes with just the right amount of sweetness and perfect seasonings of cinnamon, ginger powder and nutmeg make flavorful pancakes. Because of the pumpkin flavor, you don’t even have to use maple syrup to make them sweet(er). That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t. It won’t hurt if you would.
How to make pumpkin pancakes in 6 easy steps?
Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree canned
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 tbsp Butter melted, at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Ginger ground
- In a large bowl, combine milk, pumpkin puree, egg and brown sugar. Using an electric blender, whisk until the mixture is of even consistency.
- In another medium bowl, combine all purpose flour, baking powder, brown sugar, cinnamon and ginger.
- Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients and whisk until combined evenly.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat.
- Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake.
- When they are brown on both sides, take them off the griddle and serve hot.