I can’t get enough of pumpkins in fall, and keep coming up with pumpkin recipes. This pumpkin pound cake recipe was passed onto me by a friend who is an excellent baker. When she was visiting us this weekend, this is what she brought with her.
As soon as I served it to everyone, it was gone after everyone took more than one serving. After asking her the recipe, I decided to give it a try. After few adjustments according to our taste buds, it came out exactly to our liking.
This pumpkin pound cake is moist and fluffy. You can taste the pumpkin flavor but it is not too overpowering, it’s just the right amount. I reduced the amount of sugar from original recipe because I added the cream cheese glaze that is sweet enough for us. But you can use the amount of sugar as per your taste.
This one will be baked multiple times now throughout the winter, and I am not complaining.
Pumpkin Pound Cake
- 1 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon ground
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt plain
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup Canned Pumpkin Puree
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, cloves in a medium bowl. Mix well. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk egg whites and beat until smooth and fluffy. Combine sugar and yogurt, beat some more.
- Add the pumpkin puree to egg white mix and stir with rubber spatula.
- To this pumpkin mixture, add dry ingredients mix and stir until fully combined.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan and bake for 55 - 60 minutes or until the inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let it cool on cooling rack.
- Add cream cheese frosting or topping of your choice. Serve it with coffee.