Table of Contents
These pressure cooker chicken recipes are amazing. They are quick to make and juices make the best gravy to serve over creamy mashed potatoes.
I hope after you have tried some of my pressure cooker recipes, you will have gotten better acquainted with your cooker. You will be perhaps experimenting with your own combinations of ingredients to make a tasty and quick meal for your family.
Pressure cookers truly are time savers.
Once you get the hang of pressure cooker chicken, you can create numerous different chicken dishes practically at the press of a button!
click here for more recipes.
PRESSURE COOKER CHICKEN RECIPE
how to make PRESSURE COOKER CHICKEN RECIPE ? you can prepare a chicken recipe by following the instructions below.Yum
- 2 tbs canola or olive oil
- 6 breast halves, lightly floured
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine (no cooking wine)
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth or something I recently started using is a 1 ounce tub of Knorr Homestyle chicken flavor stock with 3 1/2 cups of water instead of the chicken broth (no need to dissolve it, the pressure cooker will take care of that)
- 2 tbs flour dissolved in 1/2 cup water or chicken broth (instructions below)
- Heat oil in pressure cooker. Add chicken pieces a few at a time, browning well on all sides. When all chicken is browned, remove from cooker and set aside.
- Add onions and cook for one or two minutes. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute. Place chicken pieces back into the cooker. Add chicken broth or stock, white wine, vinegar, tomato paste, oregano and bay leaf. Stir to combine. There is no need however, to totally dissolve the tomato paste into the mixture. Secure lid according to manufacturer’s directions and set pressure cooker on high for 4 minutes.
- When cooker goes off, release steam and lid according to manufacturer’s instructions. Remove chicken from pressure cooker. For making the gravy, pour all at once the flour and chicken broth mixture into the cooker. Turn cooker on high and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until gravy thickens to your liking. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve this chicken with mashed potatoes, gravy and some buttered peas with fresh cracked black pepper.
Note: Instead of making mashed potatoes separately, you can throw in with the chicken, three or four peeled and quartered potatoes. You can then mash them or serve them whole along side the chicken.
Leave a Reply