Table of Contents
It’s cookie time! It’s cookie time!
Or it’s “Make your own cookie bars that taste like girl scout cookies time!” But it’s just easier to say “It’s cookie time!”
These bars taste just like the real deal. The good thing about these cookies is that they are in the form of the bar and you can cut them as big or small as you want. If you are still working on your New Year’s resolution to lose weight, cut them in tiny bite size pieces. They are rich and will do the trick for the sweet tooth.
If by chance you gave up your New Year’s Resolution, cut off a big ol’ piece and dig in!
Samoa Bars Recipe
How to make Samoa Bars Recipe ? Samoa bars this recipe is very tasty and is an appetizer very easy to prepare.Yum
Servings: 4 servings
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperatur
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 cups coconut
- 12 oz. bag of caramels, wrappings removed
- 4 tablespoons milk
- dash of salt
- 1 bag of chocolate chips
- 10 oz heavy cream
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 13×9 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Beat the butter and sugar in an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Gradually add in flour and salt. Mix until combined.
- Press into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Set aside to cool.
- Reduce the heat in the oven to 300 degrees.Place the coconut on a parchment lined baking sheet and put in the oven.
- Cook for a total of 20-25 minutes or until the coconut is golden brown. Every 5 minutes, turn the coconut with a spatula to ensure even browning. Set aside to cool.
- In a small saucepan, cook the caramels, milk, and salt over medium low heat, stirring occasionally. Cook until the caramels are melted.
- Remove saucepan from heat and fold in coconut.Spread caramel coconut mixture over cooled cookies.Place in fridge to set.
- Place chocolate chips in a bowl big enough for the chocolate and cream.In a small sauce pan heat cream and butter, until it simmers. Do not allow to boil.Pour cream mixture over chocolate and whisk to combine.
- Add in powdered sugar and whisk until smooth.Pour chocolate mixture over cookie bars.Allow bars to set in fridge overnight.Cut into bars with a sharp knife.
Leave a Reply