This savory and delicious beef and noodles recipe is my version of a crockpot beef stroganoff. It’s simply divine. This recipe is even better tasting the next day. Leftovers are easily reheated in the microwave.
The slow cooker, in my opinion, is an underused kitchen appliance. It can handle many time consuming cooking chores without any supervision. Who else can you say that about? A little experimentation with your crock pot, can have you whipping up gourmet meals in no time. As an at home helper, your crock pot may not do windows, but it will do all the cooking.
Believe it or not, I used to make this crockpot beef stroganoff when I was working. I would measure out all the ingredients the night before. In the morning, I would brown the meat, throw everything in the slow cooker, turn it on and go off to work. When I came home at night, I would boil the noodles, make a salad and we would eat a nice hearty meal. I love the crock pot. You can have it cook a delicious meal while you are gone all day.
Beef and Noodles Recipe
- 1 tbls canola oil
- 1 lb beef sirloin or stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed flour for dredging meat
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbl tomato paste
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 tsp dried marjoram leaves
- 1 bay leave
- 1 1/4 cups beef broth or consommé
- 2 tbls dry white wine (Please, no cooking wine allowed)
- 1 cup dairy sour cream
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 cups warm cooked fettuccine noodles
- 2 tbls chopped fresh dill
- Salt and pepper meat. Dredge in flour. Heat oil in large skillet. Brown meat on all sides. Remove meat from skillet and set aside. Add mushrooms and onions to skillet and sautè for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and sautè another 2 minutes. Place meat, onions and mushrooms in the bottom of crockpot.
- Combine soy sauce, tomato paste, oregano, marjoram, bay leaf and beef broth. Pour over meat. Place lid on crockpot and cook at your preferred temperature, high or low, for the allotted time.
- When meat is tender, remove from crockpot and keep warm. Combine sour cream, flour and water in a small bowl. Stir a 1/2 cup of slow cooker liquid into sour cream mixture. Add mixture to slow cooker. Add wine. Cook, uncovered, on high for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until gravy is thickened. Serve over warm noodles topped with a sprinkle of fresh dill. This slow cooker beef stroganoff pairs well with a spinach salad topped with bacon bits and Italian dressing.
Leave a Reply