Father’s Day weekend is always so much fun! Weather couldn’t have been nicer. We decided to go strawberry picking. Kids had a great time.
Looking at the strawberries, I must say, they needed some more time to ripen. Nevertheless we had a great time walking through the strawberry bushes rows and picking our favorite strawberries.
Table of Contents
Bread Semolina Toast
By the time we got home, everyone was tired and hungry. Kids couldn’t wait to get their hands on something to eat. We were going out for Father’s Day dinner celebrations anyways, so I was looking to make a snack that wasn’t too filling but keep everyone especially kids filled until it was dinner time. I had Semolina toast at a friend’s place few weeks ago and I also grabbed the recipe from her.
This was the first time I tried something with semolina. This flour comes from durum wheat, a hard, high-protein wheat, and is often used in pastas. It is packed with lot of protein and is usually combined with regular wheat flour if it is to be used to make bread.
Delicious Veg Semolina Toast Recipe
- 6 Bread Slices
- 4 tbsp Semolina
- 1 tbsp Buttermilk
- 2 Tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 3 tsp Cilantro chopped
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Chaat Masala
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil for shallow frying
- Combine the tomatoes, onion, cilantro, cumin seeds, chaat masala, salt, garam masala in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the buttermilk and semolina and mix well.
- Spread the mixture with a spoon or spatula on a bread slice.
- Heat a non-stick pan, pour some olive oil and let it warm up a little
- Place the bread slice with semolina mix facing downwards.
- Apply olive oil to the bread slice and cook it from both sides until golden brown.
- Serve warm with tomato ketchup.