Everyone loves desserts. The easier they are, the better we like them. Right?
I try to come up with as tasty a dessert as I can without making too much fuss. I think this little recipe for peach cobbler is just that. You don’t have to worry about making a dough crust for the cobbler because the store bought pastry sheets are really a delicious substitute.
Sometimes being creative about desserts can come in handy . Once, I had guest over and two of them brought their little children with them. Not knowing in advance that I was going to have to serve dessert to children, all I had that particular day was vanilla ice cream and guess what? No one wanted just plain vanilla ice cream. I thought fast. I took some honey graham crackers out of the cupboard and a can of sliced peaches. Strained and cut up the peaches, crushed the graham crackers and sprinkled them over the ice cream and said “this is a cookie peach cobbler with ice cream”. the kids loved it. I was happy. They were happy.
Of course, I could never fool my grown-up guest with that, so I make this delectable cobbler with fresh peaches or apples and it is always a hit. When its time for dessert, after a nice big meal, everyone will say “Just a small piece for me. I am full.” But, it never fails, everybody asks for seconds.
click here for more dessert.
Table of Contents
RECIPE FOR PEACH COBBLER:
- 4 cups of coarsely chopped, peeled fresh peaches (if fresh peaches are not available, this recipe works well with fresh frozen peaches)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbls of water, divided
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbls cornstarch
- 1 Pepperidge Farm ready to bake puff pastry sheet, thawed and spread out flat
- In a medium saucepan combine peaches, sugar, 3 tablespoons of water and cinnamon. Stirring, bring mixture to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir cornstarch and remaining 3 tablespoons of water until smooth. Add to peaches. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute. Remove mixture to a shallow dish, cover and let cool.
- Lightly spray an 8″ x 8″ glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Pour peaches into dish. Lay pastry sheet over the top of peaches and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool. Serve topped with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.