Simply one of the tastiest cream of chicken soup recipes. It is relatively easy to make and very satisfying. Throw in some some garlic croutons or oyster crackers, a small salad, and its a delightful light meal.
Table of Contents
I got this recipe from a friend of mine a number or years ago. She had been a chef at a French restaurant in Los Angeles. She revamped a soup they used to serve in the restaurant, changed a few of the ingredients and made a less rich, lower fat version.
Soups are flavorful and they always call for the addition of vegetables and legumes, so they are a healthy source of several vitamins and minerals. They provide a light and satisfying addition to any menu or, all by themselves.
This soup or any soup, for that matter, makes a great “to go” lunch. Just heat the soup and pour it into a thermos. It will stay hot until you are ready to uncork it and have yourself a hearty cup of soup on-the-go.
Simple and Tasty Cream of Chicken Soup Recipes
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1 tbl finely chopped parsley
- 1 clove of garlic pressed through garlic press
- 1 tbl butter
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 cup finely chopped chicken (I usually use a roasted chicken from the grocery store)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cups cooked wild rice (optional)
- Heat butter in a 3qt sauce pan and saute the celery, carrots, parsley and garlic for about 4 minutes. Add the chicken broth and simmer for ten minutes.
- Stir in the half and half, pour soup into a blender and process until smooth. Return soup to sauce pan, add salt and pepper to taste. Add the chicken. If using the cooked wild rice, add it now. Heat the soup. Serve with homemade garlic croutons. They are really quite delicious with this cream soup.