Table of Contents
recipe for slow cooker meatballs
It’s officially slow cooker season in our house and we’ve been using it a few times a week for everything from barbecue chicken to marinara sauce. And because my daughter loves meatballs more than anything else, I made this Slow Cooker Meatball Soup on a recent busy weekday, knowing that it would make for a really happy family meal. recipe for slow cooker meatballs
Slow cooker soup
The best thing about this slow cooker soup is that after you make the meatballs, you can use any vegetables you have on hand—think minestrone-type vegetables and you’ll be heading in the right direction. I used carrots, fresh tomatoes, and a leek that we’d recently gotten in a CSA box, then added in some green beans towards the end of cooking to ensure that they didn’t get overcooked.
If you like the recipe for slow cooker meatball soup please don’t forget to comment.
thespruceeats.com you can click here for the Easy Crock Pot Meatball Soup recipe he has prepared.
Slow Cooker Meatball Soup
- 1 beaten egg
- ½ cup soft bread crumbs (about 2/3 of 1 slice)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ½ pound ground beef
- 1 14-ounce can beef broth
- 1 14 1/2-ounce can Italian-style stewed tomatoes (or fresh, chopped)
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced leek or onion
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1 cup tiny star pasta
- 1 cup green beans
- Parmesan cheese, to serve
- In a medium mixing bowl combine egg, bread crumbs, Parmesan or Romano cheese, garlic salt, and pepper. Add ground beef; mix well. Shape meat mixture tightly (so they don’t break apart while stewing) into 36 balls.
- Add the remaining ingredients to a slow cooker, reserving the green beans and pasta. Add the meatballs. Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
- Just before serving, and with the cooker on WARM, add the green beans and pasta. Let sit for about 5 minutes with the lid on. Serve with Parmesan cheese.
Leave a Reply