Table of Contents
Let me be the first to raise my right hand, and left hand! Yes, I love peanut butter, so does my little bundle of joy (not little anymore) and his dad. Sometimes we fight over the last of the peanut butter left in the jar to lick with our fingers!
So, these peanut butter cookies. These melt in your mouth, so soft and chewy peanut butter cookies are my go to snacks whenever I need to make something in a jiffy. I know, I know, you have to chill them in the refrigerator for sometime, but, hey, I can wait for that long to munch on my fave snack.
I am so glad to report that these no fail cookies are extremely easy to make. No fancy shmancy ingredients that you have to run to the store to pick in a rush.
I do feel like my health freak nerve gets activated sometimes while baking, and I add wheatgerm and ground flax seeds to a batch sometimes. Not always though! But you can never ever tell that you have added these optional ingredients, so you can do that also and not tell anyone (our little secret).
Follow me on Instagram and tag #thisgirlsrecipes so that I can see your version of these peanut butter cookies.
Want more soft and chewy cookie recipes? Check out these
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup Butter unsalted, softened
- 1 cup White Sugar granulated
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs large
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Peanut Butter non crunchy
- 3 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tbsp Ground Flax Seeds (optional)
- 1/2 tbsp Wheatgerm (optional
- In a medium bowl, combine white and brown sugar. Mix well. Add the softened butter and using the electric mixer, cream well until smooth.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 5 - 7 minutes. Transfer to the wire rack to cool completely.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; Add into the wet mixture and mix well until combined.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on the baking sheets.
- Flatten each ball with a fork, making a crisscross pattern.
- Bake for about 11 minutes or until cookies start turning light brown on the edges.
- Enjoy the soft and chewy peanut butter cookies with milk.
Leave a Reply