Table of Contents
Perfect for holidays, cookie exchange or work party, these rich flavored butter cookies made from deliciousness of butter, flour, cinnamon and vanilla, have the cake like texture in the middle and crunchy on the edges.
I suppose holidays are the perfect excuse to eat lots of butter, sugar and cinnamon. That can be in the form of cake, cupcakes, smoothies or cookies.
I have loved Snickerdoodles since childhood but never tried baking them on my own. So, this time instead of getting them from the store, I decided to try homemade cookies.
After making them, did I realize how easy they are to make and how much I was missing out on homemade ones.
When you look at the recipe, these are simply made by creaming unsalted butter and sugar together, adding two eggs one at a time, vanilla while beating with a hand mixer. Add the all purpose flour, baking powder and salt.
These rich flavored butter cookies made from deliciousness of butter, flour, cinnamon and vanilla have the cake like texture in the middle and crunchy on the edges.
These snickerdoodles are also perfect for holiday cookie exchange and potluck party snacks.
You can also make Mason Jar Gifts with these Snickerdoodles. Simply stack them together in a mason jar. Tie the ribbon around mason jar. Add a bow to the top. That’s it!
Enjoy the holiday season with these Snickerdoodles!
For Cookie Dough
- 3 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Butter unsalted, room temperature
- 2 cup Sugar granulated, white
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Sugar granulated, white
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another medium sized bowl, combine butter and sugar. Beat with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Add 1 egg, beat the mixture. Add 2nd egg. Beat again. Add vanilla extract. Beat well.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture. Beat until you have a fine smooth dough.
- Refrigerate for an hour or two, until you get the firm dough.
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator. Make round balls of about 1.5 inch out of the dough.
- Now we need to coat these dough with cinnamon sugar mix. So, take a small flat surfaced bowl. Combine cinnamon and sugar in that bowl.
- Roll each dough ball in cinnamon sugar mix and place on the baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Flatten each dough ball using bottom of glass.
- Bake the cookies for about 8 - 10 minutes or until they start turning golden brown and firm around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool for 5 minutes. Transfer to cooling rack and let them cool for another 5 - 7 minutes.