Now! After that I feel like I need to squirrel my way back into your good graces. So here is an ah-mazing recipe for southwestern pulled chicken and avocado salad. I’ve been digging my way out of this salad all week, since even a halved recipe makes enough food to feed a small army. Slather it on your sandwiches or eat it straight from the bowl, just remember that You plus Me plus Avocado equals Smart.
Southwestern Pulled Chicken and Avocado Salad
How to make Southwestern Pulled Chicken and Avocado Salad ? It’s a very healthy salad. It would be great for dinner.I suggest you try.Yum
Servings: 4 serves
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 6 to 8oz each)
- 2 cups seasoned water (see note)
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 8oz can corn or 1 fresh ear, shucked
- 1 small red onion, minced (about 1/3 cup)
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced chili pepper (optional, or substitute chili flakes)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 avocado, diced
- (note: about the seasoned water: it’s needed for poaching, so I use whatever I have on hand- water with lemon juice and a large pinch of salt, maybe some beer, the liquid left over from draining the can of corn. Chicken stock would work well. You just need a liquid that will impart a good flavor to the chicken while it poaches)
- Heat the water in a saucepan over medium heat until simmering. Add the chicken, cover the pan and poach the chicken on low for at least fifteen minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- When the chicken is done, remove from the pan and discard the water. In a small bowl, toss the chicken with the celery salt and cumin and set aside to cool.
- When the chicken is cooled enough to handle, shred it using your hands or a fork. Combine the corn, onion, cilantro and chili pepper in a large bowl, then toss with the chicken.
- Mix in the sour cream and mayonnaise, and the avocado at the end.
- Serve in sandwiches, over a salad, or eat with your fingers out of the bowl.
Thanks for good recipes
thank you 🙂