How to make Spicy Refried Beans Recipe ?
Spicy Refried Beans Recipe
- 1 lb pinto beans, washed and picked through
- 2 poblano chiles
- 2 long green chiles
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tbl lard or bacon drippings
- Place beans in a medium size pot. Cover with water. Water should be about 2 inches above the beans. Bring beans to a boil over medium high heat. Remove from the heat and let sit covered for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, wash and dry chiles. Coat with canola oil and place chiles and garlic clove on a flat baking pan under the broiler for about 10 minutes, turning once. When skins become blackish and blistered, they will be done. Remove garlic as soon as it becomes soft. Place chiles in a plastic bag for about 15 minutes, then peel skins from the chiles and chop them.
- After 1 hour, remove beans from pot and place in crock pot. Cover with enough water to be about 1 inch above the beans. Add chopped chiles, garlic, onions, garlic powder and lard. Cook covered for 12 hours on low or 8 hours on high.
- When beans are done, you may season them and eat them as they are or you can refry them. But don’t pass up the chance to fry these beans. They are simply delilcious.
- Place cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Place 2 or 3 ladles of the beans in skillet and with a potato masher, mash and stir until bean are bubbling and hot. Keep adding beans until you have the desired amount. The beans can be kept in the refrigerator for a couple of days and fried as you need them. These beans are so tasty however, I am sure there will be no leftovers.