These spinach quiche recipes are real winners. They made me fall in love with spinach. I never liked spinach when I was a little girl. Even though Popeye ate it, I didn’t care, I still didn’t like it. That is until I met up with a spinach quiche recipe. Then I came to love spinach.
Now I use spinach in numerous dishes that I prepare. I put it in rice. I Add it to pasta dishes. Add it to scrambled eggs. Or, I just steam it and pour some olive oil and Parmesan cheese over the top. It’s uses are many and it really adds a great flavor to many of my old favorites.
It is also a highly nutritious vegetable. It is Extremely rich in antioxidants and vitamins A, C, E, K, B2, B6, maganese, folate and folic acid just to name a few. One cup of spinach has nearly 20% of the RDA (recommended daily amount or allowance) of dietary fiber. Spinach is also proved to be of significant protection against prostate cancer. It has extemely high amounts of Vitamin A (one cup contains 337% of the RDA).
So try this quiche and see how your family’s feelings may change about spinach.
Table of Contents
SPINACH QUICHE RECIPES
- 1 1/2 lbs of fresh spinach, rinsed well in collander, cooked then drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons grated paresan cheese
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup low or non fat milk
- 1/2 cup of cream
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- Place spinach in boiling water for 1 to 2 mnutes. Remove and drain thoroughly by squeezing handfuls between a paper towel. Make sure that all the water is drained from the spinach. Chop spinach finely.
- Combine spinach, salt, pepper and horseradish. Spread the mixture over the bottom of the pastry shell.
- Sprinkle the swiss and parmesan cheeses over the spinach mixture.
- In a medium size bowl lightly beat the eggs with a wire whisk. Add the milk, cream and seasonings and blend until smooth. Carefully pour over the spinach.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Let spinach quiche set for 5 minutes before serving.