My final book club post! Yay! I promise I have some really exciting posts coming up and I am promising myself to be more prompt with posting! Anyway enough with my goals and off to this delicious appetizer. Perfect for any Christmas party you may be attending. The red and green look very Christmas-y! If you have trouble finding strawberries at this time of year, you can swap it out for any fruit you can slice in thin slices (apples, peaches, etc.).
Strawberry Brie Crostini Recipe
- French baguette (sliced on diagonal)
- 1 wedge Brie cheese, cut into slices
- 12 medium strawberries, sliced
- 1 to 2 tbsp honey or agave nectar
- 4 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lay the baguette slices on a baking sheet. Top each piece of baguette with a slice of Brie cheese.
- Bake in oven until the cheese is melted and the bread is toasted, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Top each with 2 slices of strawberry, 1/2 to 1/2 teaspoon of honey and a few slices of basil. Serve.