Table of Contents
I am not a big fan of mushrooms, but some dishes made certain way make them taste so delicious. Stuffed mushrooms is one of my go to snack whenever I want something quick and easy.
What I love about this recipe is that you can make so many variations that every time you will think you are eating a different dish. Since we are vegetarians, I make it with different veggies every time. This one is a delicious combination of cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, red peppers and garlic.
These stuffed mushrooms are a great appetizer, especially for special occasions like Thanksgiving and Christmas. You can even prepare the stuffing two days ahead of time and refrigerate. To clean the mushrooms properly, wash them and drain in colander. Then clean them with damp paper towel.
I sometimes use butter instead of olive oil. Of course I make sure to burn those extra calories by running an extra mile or two. You can try adding cayenne pepper to the garlic mixture, which gives just perfect amount of kick to this recipe.
If you like to add some green, sprinkle the stuffed mushroom with chopped cilantro before putting it into the oven.
Stuffed Mushroom Recipe
- 12 mushrooms whole
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 package Cream Cheese softened
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Onions finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Red Peppers finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel.
- Remove stems from mushrooms. Chop stems extremely fine. Discard hard end of stems.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place onions in the warm olive oil. Saute until golden brown. Add garlic, red peppers and chopped mushroom stems. Cook until tender.
- Stir in the cream cheese and Parmesan cheese to the garlic and mushroom mixture.
- Mix it until you have a very thick, rich and flavorful mixture. Spoon this mixture into each mushroom cap with a generous amount of stuffing.
- Arrange the mushroom caps on prepared cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle some grated parmesan cheese and cilantro on all the mushroom caps.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes in the oven, or until the mushrooms are very hot.
- You can prepare the stuffed mushroom mixture ahead of time and refrigerate, bake later when you have company.
Leave a Reply