Delicious broiled steak recipe with an Asian flair. Spicy marinade makes this steak delectable and tender no matter what kind of steak you choose to use.
Table of Contents
I am a great fan of outdoor barbecuing. Often times, I will make this steak on the barbecue. It’s fast and it keeps my kitchen from heating up in the summer time. However there are times when it is not convenient to get the barbecue going and cook outside. In that case, I broil my steaks indoors. They come out just as tasty and succulent as on the outdoor grill.
I have also used this recipe on skinless chicken breast and pork cutlets for a great flavor. These two meats are lean and can be a little lacking in tastiness, so they usually need a little help. The marinating time, however would be only 3 to 4 hours for these meats.
BROILED STEAK RECIPE
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp crushed coriander, or 1 tbl chopped fresh cilantro
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- pinch of crushed red pepper
- 2 tbls lemon juice
- 1 tbl brown sugar
- 2 tbls soy sauce
- 1 lb top sirloin steak or rib eye steak (An alternative meat is chuck steak. Although it is less costly, it is not as tender as top sirloin. However, the marinade will usually tenderize it nicely.)
- In a large bowl toss the onions, garlic, coriander, salt and peppers. Add and mix well the lemon juice, brown sugar and soy sauce. Place the steak in a dish big enough to allow the meat to lie flat and pour the marinade over the meat. Cover and marinate overnight.
- Remove meat from marinade. You will be reusing the marinade. I suggest that you boil the marinade for 10 minutes to remove any unsavory juices left by the raw meat. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Place the meat on a broiler pan or rack about 8 inches from the broiler flame. Broil for about 7 minutes. Turn the meat and pour the remainder of the cooled marinade over the top of the meat and broil another 7 minutes. The steak should be cooked to a medium. If you have a different preference for the doneness of your steak, adjust your cooking time accordingly.
- When steak is cooked, let it sit loosely covered with foil for about 15 minutes. Cut in strips against the grain and serve.
- Au Gratin potatoes are a great accompaniment to this broiled steak recipe. They can be cooked in the oven ahead of time(they stay warm for some time after leaving the oven). Add a tomato salad with garlic, oregano and red wine vinegar and you’re good to go.
1. Slice the meat in strips against the grain. Add:
2 tbl red onion
3 tbl wine vinegar
1 tbl olive oil
1 tbl canned chipotle peppers, chopped Mix well. Fill a couple of heated flour tortillas and you have a delicious little tasty snack or dinner.