It must be the holidays spirit, that I find myself making cookies every other day these days. As if these chocolate chip cookies and chocolate crinkle cookies were not enough, I had to make these beautiful sinful red colored cookies.
These red, soft and chewy cookies with crackled crust formed by using the powdered sugar are just perfect for holidays (and Valentine’s Day!). Look at how red they are. Their texture has festive, colorful and holidays written all over them.
You won’t believe how easy these cookies are to make. I used red velvet cake mix, and simply added oil and eggs. Refrigerate for an hour or so. Make the dough balls, coat them in powdered sugar and bake for 8 – 10 minutes. That’s it! That’s why the title says, Super (Duper) Easy!
These make perfect gifts in a jar. Simply take wide mouth mason jar and place the cookies in the jar. Stick a ribbon or tie a gift tag on the jar.
These crinkle cookies are another addition to my delicious cookies and cakes collection, and I am loving these.
Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
- 1 box Red Velvet Cake Mix I used Duncan Hines
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- In a medium sized bowl, combine cake mix, oil and eggs. Beat with electric mixer until thoroughly combined.
- Refrigerate dough for an hour or so.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper. Place powdered sugar in flat surfaced bowl or plate.
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator. Make dough balls measuring about 1 inch.
- Place the dough balls in powdered sugar and roll so they are completely coated with sugar.
- Place on baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 - 10 minutes or until the cookies are puffed and you can see the crinkles in the cookies.
- Remove from oven and let them cool for about 5 minutes. Transfer to wire rack and let them cool for another 5 - 6 minutes.