What would you do if suddenly your sweet tooth craving strikes, out of nowhere?
Well, it happened to me this weekend, while I was waiting on my laundry to finish. That’s right, I should not be left with no chores to do. I start thinking about food. Then I end up eating something unhealthy and the feeling of guilt that washes over me for the rest of the week, my family has to suffer when I make way too much healthy stuff (evil half smiles!)
So, for the sake of my hubs and little one, I decide to bake this ultra healthy carrot cake that used brown sugar and olive oil. You can even replace olive oil with applesauce to make it even healthier.
This is what the consistency looks like after we add all the ingredients in the mix.
I love to eat it for breakfast, snack or make it to go for my coffee break sessions.
I am happy to report that no tastes were compromised while baking and tasting this cake. It was still super moist, decadent, naturally sweet and packed with flavors. You can add a little bit of cinnamon to add to the spicy flavor. But all in all, this super moist and healthy carrot cake takes the cake for me.
Super Moist and Healthy Carrot Cakes recipe
- 1 cup carrots shredded
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 eggs large
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Almonds crushed
- 1/4 cup Walnuts crushed, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Grease 9x5 inch baking pan with spray oil.
- In a medium bowl, add eggs and brown sugar. With a hand mixer, beat them until incorporated. The mixture should be light and fluffy.
- Add all purpose flour. Beat until incorporated. Add baking soda, walnuts and half of crushed almonds. Mix well.
- Fold in the shredded carrots and mix until incorporated. Now add olive oil and mix until incorporated.
- Pour the batter into greased baking pan. Garnish with rest of the almonds.
- Bake for about 30 -35 minutes or until the inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let it cool on the wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Serve with tea or coffee.