Ok, I am saying this out loud. These baked sweet potato fries are sooooo addictive. I just can’t get myself to stop picking one more! Considering how easy these are to make, I am sure you will understand my addiction to these sweet and spicy treats.
Crunchy on the outside, soft from the inside, mixed flavors of sweet and spicy, these baked sweet potatoes are perfect to be labeled as holiday food or holiday sides. Well, for me, sometimes I skip the whole meal and savor these baked fries.
I do not like fried food as much (except my potato wedges), so baking these makes these perfect food to enjoy on those lazy afternoons or busy evenings.
It does not take much to make these. Just cut them into wedges or small squares, however you like. Toss them with olive oil. Sprinkle with your favorite spices and cornstarch. Bake until light brown on the outside. Cornstarch helps keep them crunchy, the way I like!
Sweet and Spicy Baked Potato Fries
- 2 Sweet Potatoes washed, peeled, dried
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 tbsp Corn Starch
- 1/2 tbsp Salt as per taste
- 1 tsp Black Pepper ground
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees.
- Cut sweet potatoes into fries shaped pieces. See the pictures above. Make sure they are same size so that they bake evenly.
- Place in large bowl. Sprinkle corn starch and pour olive oil. Mix all the ingredients. Add salt, black pepper and cumin powder. Mix some more to make sure uncooked fries are evenly coated with olive oil and no white spots are left behind by cornstarch.
- Place the fries on the non stick baking sheet in a single layer so that they are not touching each other and stacked up on each other. If you have some left, set aside and cook them after this batch is done.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Take out the baking sheet, flip the fries and bake for 10 - 15 more minutes.
- Remove from oven. Serve with ketchup or dressing of your choice.