Calorie-free french fries recipe
Sweet potato Fries Recipe are getting popular since they offers different taste than common french fries. Even, sweet potatoes contain lot of additional vitamin, such as vitamin A and beta carotene that french fries do not have. Although sweet potato fries still have fat and calories since they are fried with oil, the amount of them is not as high as you can find at a restaurant.
Table of Contents
Sweet Potato Fries Recipe Benefit
Usually, sweet potato fries can contain 13 gr of fat and 260 calories. This can happen since at a restaurant, the sweet potatoes are fried in a deep fryer. However, you can serve your own by following sweet potato recipes fries using oven that can save up to 11 gr of fat and 122 calories. They will taste good, save more money, and of course keep you healthy.
How to make Sweet Potato Fries Recipe?
Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
- Sweet potatoes it is recommended to choose medium sized of sweet potatoes that have smooth and tone skin
- Olive oil 2 tablespoons that are enough to coat the fries
- alt, pepper and spices. You better choose cumin, cayenne pepper, curry powder, paprika, or garlic up to your preference
- Corn starch it is an additional ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 425° F while peel the sweet potatoes. Cut them into pieces like stick fries shape in similar size to bake them in an even way. Remember that you have to cut in the same size, not too big nor small.
- Next, toss the fries in a mixing bowl and sprinkle with cornstarch if you like it. Then add a few tablespoons of oil that is enough to coat the fries. You can use your hands to mix the fries and oil to make it distribute evely.
- Season the fries with soices you like, salt, and pepper. Add chili powder if you like spicy taste. Mix them well.
- Then, pour the fries in a baking sheet with foil. It is better to set up the fries in a single line to make it crispy. You cannot pill them in one baking pan so just spread the fries in two pans.