Secret Ingredients to make the tastiest and best hamburger recipe ever. Delicious grilled on the outdoor barbecue or sauteed indoors in a cast iron skillet. It has an wonderful Oriental flair to it.
Outdoor cooking is a lot of fun. Whether you cook on a gas grill or a kettle type barbecue as I do, you have to get to know your cooker. I am very comfortable with charcoal or oak bark grilling. That is all I have every used. Once people become comfortable with a style of cooking on the barbecue, they usually stick with it. That’s me.
I cook all my food on a charcoal grill. There is no substitution for an open fire and the taste it gives the food. However, lighting the coals can be a daunting task. Whether I cook with oak bark or charcoal, I use an electric starter for all my barbecuing. I feel one of the cheapest and best investments I ever made was the purchase of my electric starter. It never fails me.
BEST HAMBURGER RECIPE
- 1 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1 tbl honey
- 2 tbls soy sauce
- 2 tbls water
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 8 ozs raw fresh mushrooms
- 6 slices, thinly cut Swiss cheese
- 6 hamburger buns
- Place bread crumbs in milk to soften. Stir together honey, soy sauce and water until thoroughly combined.
- To ground beef, add bread crumbs, soy mixture, onions, garlic, and ginger. Using your hands, mix just until ingredients are incorporated. Do not over mix. Too much handling of the meat can cause it to be tough. Shape meat into six 3/4 inch patties. Set aside.
- Rinse mushrooms well. Dry with a paper towel and slice. Saute the mushrooms in 1 teaspoon of butter. Cook until all liquid is absorbed.
- Preheat your gas grill or light your coals. Coals are ready when they are covered with grey-white ash. With a paper towel dampened with canola oil, liberally coat grill before setting on barbecue.
- Place burgers on grill. Cook uncovered for 15 to 18 minutes, or until instant-read thermometer inserted in center of burger registers 160 degrees, turning burgers once during cooking. About 1 or 2 minutes prior to removing the burgers from the grill, place 1 slice of cheese on top of each burger. When cheese begins to melt, remove burgers to the toasted buns. Top each burger with a teaspoon of sauteed mushrooms and some crisp bacon.