Table of Contents
Tender, delicious slow cooker ribs. What could be more tempting? How about the ease with which these rib recipes are prepared.
I am a great fan of ribs. I always felt, however, that they were best done on the barbecue. The oven just never seemed to turn out juicy barbecued ribs. That’s why you have the crock pot.
These recipes are inspired by a friend of mine, who is a whirlwind in the kitchen. She, like me, is a big fan of the crock pot and what it can accomplish. We came up with these recipes some years ago. I am still preparing them today.
SLOW COOKER RIBS
How to make SLOW COOKER RIBS ?Yum
Servings: 4 serves
- 1 tbl canola oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 tsp chile powder
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup chili sauce (the kind used in making shrimp sauce, found in the ketchup aisle)
- 1 tbl Worcestershire sauce
- 4 lbs baby back ribs
- Cut the ribs into individual pieces. I usually brown them lightly in a skillet prior to placing in slow cooker to remove some of the fat.
- To prepare the barbecue sauce, heat oil in a medium sauce pan. Add onions and garlic and saute for about 3 to 5 minutes, until they are soft and begin to brown. Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer on low for 5 minutes.
- Place ribs in slow cooker and pour sauce over ribs. Cover and cook at your preferred temperature. Serve ribs with cole slaw and garlic toast.
This recipe is made with what are called country style ribs. They are not technically ribs however, because the bone they contain is not a rib bone. Who knows why they call them ribs?? Regardless, they are still very tasty in this spicy recipe.
Leave a Reply