Table of Contents
how to make Bacon and Cheese Quiche ?
The best quiche recipe I have ever made is this bacon quiche recipe. It is a simple basic quiche and it really is mouthwateringly delicious.
When I was a young girl, I believe one of the first food projects I tackled that allowed me to use the oven, was this bacon quiche recipe. I didn’t want to make cookies or brownies, I wanted to make a quiche.
There was this little family owned cafe that we used have breakfast at all the time. My Mom would order this pie with no crust and no fruit filling. I asked her what it was and if it was sweet. She said “No, this is a bacon and cheese quiche.” Of course, I started with all the questions. So when we got home she showed me a recipe for this bacon and cheese quiche. Nothing would do but that we go out and get the ingredients so that I could make this crazy quiche.
Well, that is what we did. I made my first quiche at 10 years old and I did a pretty fine job of it, if I do say so myself.
I feel I have perfected this recipe over the years and I can truly say this is my best quiche recipe.
Bacon and Cheese Quiche
- 1 single-crust pastry, defrosted (found in the frozen section in any super market)
- 8 slices of bacon
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten with wire whisk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 cup shredded swiss or cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook bacon in skillet until well browned and crispy. Drain. Crumble bacon and place in the bottom of pastry shell.
- Saute onions in bacon fat until they are lightly browned. Remove onions from skillet with a slotted spoon. Drain. Pour off all bacon fat from skillet. Return onions to skillet.
- Remove skillet from heat. Beat the eggs. Combine eggs, milk, cream, cheese, salt and pepper. Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake in preheated oven at 375° for 25 minutes, or when a knife inserted in center of the quiche comes out clean. Let quiche set for 5 minutes. Serve hot. Although, this bacon quiche is also quite tasty when it is served cold.Add a green salad to this quiche dish and have a delightful and tasty meal.