This popular dish is one of a kind. All the amazing spices and flavours will have you craving for this! It isn´t hard to make and doesn´t take long but has a few steps but is totally worth it! This dish is made in multpile parts of the world and everyone have their own interpretation but this recipe is one of the most common one and the original one
Table of Contents
The Most Delicious Biryani
Ingredients for the mini meatballs:
- 1,3 lb minced meat
- 16 cloves of garlic (normal size)
- 2 tablespoons salt (optional amount)
- 2 tablespoons of finely grounded black peppe (optional amount)
- about 3 tablespoons canola oil (to cook the meatballs)
Ingredients for the 7 spices mix: ( mix all the spices together,this mix is amazing for beef stew, barbecue etc)
- 6 tsp of finely grounded black pepper
- 1/2 tsp of cardamom
- 2 tsp of finely grounded white pepper
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- a tsp of nutmeg
- 1 tsp of ginger
- 2 1/2 tsp of finey grounded carnation
Ingredients for the rice:
- 4,43 cups of basmati rice (other kinds of rice works as well just remember that the cooking works different depending on what kind of rice)
- 1,27 lb of vermicelli (thick & small noodles you cook with rice)
- 2 1/1 tsp of 7 spices mix
- 2 tsp of finely grounded black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of turmeric
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp of cumin & finely grounded carnation mixed together
Ingredients for the rest of the biryani
- 0,66 lb almonds (optional amount)
- 1,1 lb green peas (optional amount)
- 0,77 lb black raisins (optional kind of raisins and amount)
- 16 potatoes (normal size)
- 4 chicken fillets (shredd later, you can use whatever part from the chicken you like)
- 3 chicken thighs (shredd later)
- 1 whole chicken cut in pieces and cooked (serve on the side)
- If you are cooking your own chicken start by putting the heat on 455 ℉ (depending on your oven). Put the chicken in a pan. Season with chicken grill spice, a pinch of salt and a splash of canola oil. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and put it in the middle of the oven for about 30 minutes but take out the chicken fillets earlier than the rest of the chicken since they can get dry fast. When the rest of the chicken is tender and cooked remove the foil so that the chicken will get a crispy and grilled surface.
- Put the minced meat in a large bowl. Squeeze the garlic with a presser and put it in the bowl. Add the black pepper and salt and mix all of it together. Start shaping small round meatballs. When you are done with the meatballs cook them in a skillet with a little canola oil. Put the meatballs in a large bowl when they are done cooking.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into small square pieces. Fry the potatoes in a large skillet with canola oil in it (if you do not have a deep fryer). Put them in the same bowl as the meatballs when they are cooked.
- Cook the raisins in a skillet with a little canola oil in it just so that they get soft and stir while they are cooking. Put the raisins in the same bowl as the potatoes. If you are using frozen green peas put them in lukewarm water and then cook them just for a minute or two in a skillet. Put them in the same bowl as the potatoes.
- When the chicken fillets and thighs are cooked and cooled down shredd them with your hands and put them in the same bowl as the potatoes.
- If you have finished peeled almonds just cut them in halfs or threes and cook them on a skillet with some canola oil in it. You have to boil the almonds for a few minutes if the shell is still on them so that you can easily peel them off. The heat should be on low to medium since they get burned easily & stir all the time. They are done when the surface of the almonds are a bit golden. Put them in the same bowl as the potatoes when they are done and mix all the ingredients in the bowl and add a pinch of salt if you´d like.
- Now it is time to start with the star of the show, the rice. You will need a large skillet and preferably one that doesn´t allow the rice to get burned or stick on the bottom of the skillet. Start by boiling water in a kettle (if you do not have one boil some water in another kettle). Put about 4 tablespoons of canola oil the skillet you are making the rice in and put the vermicelli noodles in the skillet (if the noodles are long crush them first with your hands). When the noodles are brown turn down the heat to low and put the spices in the skillet and cook them for a few seconds while stirring so that all the flavour of the spices will come out stronger. Put the rice in the skillet and blend with all the spices. Pour the water in there, just the amount so it is covering the rice and put the lid on. The heat should be on low to medium, after 10 minutes check the rice and stir just so that all the spices are mixed well with the rice. The rice is done when they are soft.
- You can make a salad or prepare some yoghurt with olive oil and fresh mint leaves on the top to serve with the biyani if you want to while you are waiting for the rice to cook.
- When the rice is done take the rest of the ingredients in the bowl and blend them with the rice and then serve along with the chicken on the side