Table of Contents
This homemade bread is not only delicious but healthy as well and doesn´t take more time making than going to the grocery store to buy bread.
The most delicious homemade bread recipe
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds (the seeds are optional not a must in the bread)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup black sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup flaxseeds
- 1.76 ounces yeast
- 1/4 american) cups water (lukewarm)
- 1 tablespoon salt (optional amount)
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional but a pinch is good so the dough ferments better)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil (optional)
- 10.58 ounces rye flour
- 2.65 ounces wheat bran
- 28.22 ounces all purpose flour
- Start by mixing all the seeds in a small bowl and save 2 tablespoons to put on top of the bread (optional).
- Take out a large bowl and oil it slighty. (for the dough to ferment in).
- Put the yeast in a breadmaker or a large bowl if you do not have a breadmaker. Pick the yeast to pieces. Pour the lukewarm water in the breadmaker and put the salt and sugar in as well. Put the breadmaker on low speed so that the yeast dissolves in the liquid. Put the mixed seeds in as well and the oil. Put the breadmaker on medium speed and add the flour as it goes. The dough should be soft when it is done and not stiff. Put the dough in the oiled large bowl. Cover it with plastic wrap and a cloth and let it rise to doubled size for about 30 minutes.
- Prepare the surface you are making the bread on. Put a little flour (I mixed all the kinds I used) in a small bowl so you can use it for rolling out the dough later. You will need a rolling pin. Put a little canola oil in a small bowl that you can use for your hands so that the dough do not stick to your hands. Start the oven and put the heat on 250 fahrenheit.
- Depending on how you want to make the bread (optional), I made small round balls and rolled out the (pizza/tortilla) shaped bread with a rolling pin and put them in the oven (without a pan). I made one pan with different shaped bread just to get some variation. I put some seeds on top of the bread I put on a pan.
- Let the bread ferment for about 10-15 minutes before you put in in the oven. If you do bread shaped like the fourth picture in the collage below then you should brush it with eggwash or processed sour milk like I used.