This salsa is made with tomatillos. They have a unique and fresh flavor. When blended with chiles, the outcome is quite delicious. This salsa has a mellow tang and it pairs well with just about any pork dish.
Tomatillo Salsa Recipe
How to make Tomatillo Salsa Recipe? İt is very simple and very yummy. I like to eat tomatillo salsa recipe.Yum
Servings: 1 cups
- 5 medium size fresh tomatillos
- 1 large poblano chile
- 1 to 2 jalapeños
- 1/2 onion
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup of tomatillo cooking water (optional)
- 1 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
- Peel the husks from the tomatillos. Wash them and place them in a saucepan and cover with water. Cook on a medium high heat for 5 minutes until they become soft. Remove from pan and allow to cool.
- Wash chiles and coat with olive oil. Arrange on shallow baking pan covered with foil. Place under the broiler until blackened and blistering about 10 minutes, turning once during cooking. Using oven mitts, remove chiles from broiler and place in sealable plastic bag. Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes. Then peel and seed chiles. Set aside
- Place tomatillos, chiles, onion cilantro, garlic and salt in blender. Blend just to puree. Add tomatillo cooking water if salsa is to thick. I like my salsa thick, so I don’t usually add any water.
- This salsa is fabulous on broiled fish of any kind. I also use it as a sauce for carnitas tacos. It can also be used as a base for chile verde stew.
Leave a Reply