Do you have to hide vegetables from your husband? Yes? Then this recipe is for you. My husband refers to vegetables as rabbit food. So, obviously I’m with you. My husband is not a vegetable fan.
We did, however, join a CSA like group called From The Farmer. I have written about it before. I have used brussels sprouts to make an amazing pasta dish. The list goes on and on. But, since it is frequently called “The Kale Basket” by my husband (which is not true), I have to get creative with my recipes.
Here is the trick that worked this time….make the veggie look like french fries. Oh and okay, we did have a few potatoes in our basket as well so I mixed them in. But he really did not know these were parsnips until a few days later when I was telling someone how awesome these were.
Go ahead, sneak your husband some vegetables tonight. This will be our little secret. PS….He just couldn’t wait to dive in.
Truffle and Parmesan Parsnip Fries Recipe
- 4 small potatoes, cut into matchsticks
- 3 parsnips, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 teaspoon truffle oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt
- parsley flakes
- About 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut the potatoes first and place in a cold water bath while you cut the parsnips. This will help remove some of the starches from the potatoes and help them crisp up in the oven.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, parsnips, truffle oil, olive oil and mix to combine. Add salt to your liking and mix to combine.
- Arrange potatoes and parsnips in a single layer on a foil lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with parsley flakes.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown, turning halfway through.
- Once removed from the oven, place fries in a large bowl and toss with cheese. Adjust amount of cheese to your liking.
Leave a Reply