Although holidays have been gone since two months now, but Valentine’s Day is around the corner. SV and I are getting crazy in the kitchen again. We are doing lots of baking and cooking, especially baking! We are just looking in the kitchen closets, see what’s available and we decide on the new recipe to try.
More than making a perfect recipe, we are digging the time we are spending together in the kitchen. SV is my assistant mostly and hands me over things I need to put in a recipe. When we decided to make this white cake mix cookies, we found this white cake mix in the pantry. I also found cream cheese frosting in the fridge and these colorful sprinkles in my kitchen closet.
Hence the recipe was decided. We did make a little booboo though. SV wanted a really really white cookie which he wanted to frost with pink cream cheese frosting. But when we were preparing the dough, I added eggs instead of egg whites. I mixed cake mix, oil and eggs, and the mix starts looking yellow. SV was quite disappointed, so we had to start from scratch. I added egg whites this time, and he loved the nice white color the dough came out with this time.
Everything went perfectly after that. SV had fun frosting the cookies and topping it with red, pink and white colorful sprinkles.
Valentine’s Day White Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
- 1 box White Cake Mix
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 4 drops Red Food Coloring
- 1 cup Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 cup Red and White Sprinkles
- In a medium bowl, combine cake mix, eggs and vegetable oil. Mix well until dough forms.
- Refrigerate for an hour or so until the dough gets firm enough.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make round balls out of the dough. Place on baking sheet keeping enough distance from each other.
- Bake for 8 - 9 minutes or until the edges start getting little brown.
- Remove from oven and let them cool for 3 - 4 minutes. Transfer to cooling rack and let them cool for another 5 minutes.
- To frost these cookies, we need pink cream cheese frosting. Add a drop or two of red food coloring to cream cheese frosting and mix well until combined.
- Frost cookies with this pink cream cheese frosting. Sprinkle with red, pink and white colorful sprinkles.