While this isn’t really baking, I usually think of baking as something sweet, and Ice Cream is sweet. AND this is my blog. So I make the rules. So now making ice cream is the same thing as baking.
I bought some vanilla beans a local cooking store. They were a little dry, so I soaked them in the cream and sugar to soften the bean.
Then I was able to easily scrape out the beans from inside and put in the cream and sugar mixture.
Major Blogging Faux Pas. I forgot to take a picture of the final product.
I think that is because Tom’s Dad ate all of the ice cream . It was that good!
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream Recipe
How to make Vanilla Bean Ice Cream ? Have you ever tried making ice cream at home ? As Daisy’s kitchen, we give you the vanilla bean ice cream recipe we made at home.Yum
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1 cup whole milk
- ¾ cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine 1 cup of the cream with the sugar and salt in a medium saucepan. Turn the heat on low.
- Add the vanilla bean and let soak as the cream warms. After about 5 minutes, take the vanilla bean out of the cream mixture and scrape the seeds from the vanilla bean into the pan and drop in the vanilla pod.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high and stir occasionally, until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the remaining 1 cup of cream, the milk and the vanilla.
- Cover and refrigerate until the mixture is well chilled, at least an hour or overnight.
- Remove the vanilla bean before churning.
- Freeze in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Leave a Reply