Ask my 3 yr old his favorite food and you will hear his familiar answer every time “Pizzaa”!
Not just his, it’s mine and hub’s favorite food as well. But how many times per week can you order a pizza from restaurant. It’s just not budget friendly.
And you can’t really make it at home in a jiffy, especially when your little one transforms his favorite food demand into a tantrum and is ready to lie on the floor with his repeated screams, “I want pizza NOW”.
I now understand the term “Hangry” kids. Hungry + angry = Hangry!
Let’s face it. Making an actual pizza requires lot of patience. What with making a dough few hours ahead of time, preparing pizza sauce, putting together all the toppings and then bake it!
This veggie bread pizza or instant pizza is what I prepare ahead of time. It takes less than 30 minutes to makes these little cuties.
No need to make dough, you can use bread. No need to make pizza sauce, you can use regular ketchup. You only need to cut your favorite veggies and your child’s favorite cheese! That’s it. My lo loves these and wants these as soon as he is back from his preschool.
Veggie Bread Pizza
- 3 Bread Slices
- Tomato Ketchup as needed
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1 Tomato finely chopped
- 1 Green Pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Mozzerella Cheese shredded
- 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt plus more or less
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper ground
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees
- In a medium bowl, add onions, tomatoes, green peppers, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Take the bread slices and toast them in a toaster for a few seconds, until they turn light brown and little crisp.
- Spread butter on the toasts. Spread tomato ketchup evenly.
- Set them on aluminum foil lined baking sheet in one single layer. Bake for 12 - 15 minutes or until the cheese starts melting.
- Remove from the oven. Cut the edges of the toast. Cut them into half and serve with ketchup or your child's favorite dipping sauce.