Table of Contents
Pasta is one of the main staple of an ideal Mediterranean diet.
But what is Mediterranean diet?
To put it simply, it is a type of diet which contains abundance of plant-based foods including veggies, pasta, fruits, whole grains, beans, breads, lentils, cereals, seeds, and nuts. In this diet, olive oil is the main source of fat and fish rich with good fatty nutrition is typically included. Dairy-based ingredients are included in moderate to even low amounts. But eggs are often included in the menu. Red meat is consumed in modest amount, and often served occasionally. But pasta is often the central core of this diet. Many studies have studied benefits of Mediterranean diet to reducing risk factors of cancer and heart disease. If you wish to eat some nutritious, yet easy food for dinner, then finding easy healthy pasta recipes for dinner is your best bet. There are a lot of them on the internet, but Farfalle pasta with butternut squash is one of our favourite!
farfalle pasta recipe is very tasty and healthy.
farfalle is my favorite kind of pasta among macaroni.
How to make Farfalle Pasta Recipe
Farfalle Pasta Recipe
- 3 cups of peeled and diced butternut squash.
- 2 tablespoons of divided olive oil. Like any other good olive oil for pasta, choose the extra virgin ones
- 1 quarter teaspoon of white balsamic vinegar
- 1 quarter teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 half cup of halved walnut
- 8 ounces of uncooked bowtie pasta
- 1 and a half cups of organic veggies
- 1 inced clove of garlic
- 1 quarter cup of parsley
- 2 ounces of shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon of freshly picked sage, minced.
- Preheat the oven to four hundred degree and combine one tablespoon of oil, squash, pepper, and salt on a separate baking pan. Make sure to arrange it into one single layer. Bake at four hundred for about fifteen minutes or until it tendered. Put walnuts to another baking pat, bake it at the same temperature until it roasted or wait until 5 minutes. Cool it slightly and chop all the walnuts. Afterwards pasta according to the instructions on the package, but don’t use any fat or salt. Separate the pasta and the water.
- Afterwards, mix the remaining oil, vinegar, veggies, and garlic in a large pan over medium heat. Let it simmer for eight minutes. Combine walnuts, stock mixtures, squash mixture, pasta, sage, and parsley in a big bowl. Stir it until it blend and serve it with grated parmesan. It’s one of the easy healthy pasta recipes for dinner you can try at home!